There is a huge difference between a homemade website and a professionally developed website. Having an experienced professional design your website provides you with a sense of security about your services that homemade websites can’t guarantee. Additionally, you’ll find that a professional website will allow you more freedom when it comes to your online presence.
In our opinion, the following are the top 7 reasons you should hire a professional web company instead of using a DIY website builder:
When you hire a professional web designer, you are hiring a skilled person who can help make your vision come to life. The designer will work with you and evaluate your business and products/services to create a website that will work best to meet your goals. Understanding what your goals are (for example, walk-in sales, online orders, or informational purposes) will help your hired professional design a site that meets your specific needs. DIY site builders have limited capabilities and often face restrictions based on tools, text, and graphics.
The way your site looks, the way it navigates, the colors and graphics are very important to the way a user interacts with the website. In the tech world, we call this user experience (UX). Users don’t like to have to search a page for information and will leave your site if they don’t find it visually appealing. A professional will offer you advice based on experience to make sure that your color scheme, text, and navigation is user-friendly. Not to mention, a professional web designer will know how to create a website that functions well on multiple platforms (computer, tablet, and other mobile devices like smartphones) and they will understand the importance of mobile indexing for Search Engine performance.
Search Engine Optimization (SEO) is a technique used by professionals to optimize your website to help promote higher rankings in the Search engine for your business niche. You can have the greatest website in the world, but if people cannot find it, it’s pointless. Many web development agencies, including Momentum3 Growth, have a department or person dedicated to SEO for websites. When you have your website professionally built, the designer will keep in mind the proper signals search engines are looking for when they read your site. Though it is not a one and done type of thing, to read more about SEO and how it works on your website check out our blog “A Beginner’s Guide to SEO Basics.”
Have you heard the old adage that “change is the only constant in life?” This is so accurate when it comes to the internet. From SEO compliance to website functionality, the internet is constantly changing. You’re running a business already—do you really want to keep up with these trends and how to keep your site functioning the way it needs to? Professionals stay up-to-date and probably work on so many websites that the changes you need will take minimal time from your developer.
For example, when you hire a website design company to create and monitor your website for you, you’ll have the peace of mind that when Google makes changes to their ever-evolving algorithm for search results, your development company will be aware and can help your website evolve with the changes.
Another way a web design company can help improve your website over time is through platform updates and security updates. A one-time DIY website developer might not train you on how to update your website (plugins and other related software). A web design company will be able to spot the vulnerabilities and improve your website’s security and fix any issues before they affect the performance of your website.
Building a website is a complicated and multi-faceted project. Careful planning helps keep the project organized and on schedule. Making sure you know the big picture at the beginning of your project is an important strategy in building a great website. Having the knowledge of what search engines consider a “good” website, how users prefer to interact with your website (which is ever-changing thanks to the continuous evolution of technology), and the skills to make sure your website is mobile friendly, are all things professional website design gives you.
Most Common Website Process When Hiring A Professional
- Strategy- This is the foundation for design and development work.
- Design- The visual appeal of the website begins to take shape. View our Website Promises
- Build- This is where developers build the website functionality and add content to turn a creative vision into reality.
- Test- This is where our developers test the site on multiple browsers and devices to make sure that everything works effectively.
- Launch- Any additional touches will be added and the site will be moved to a live server.
- Report- This step is where the professional agency tracks the performance of the website and makes required tweaks and content updates. This step can be ongoing throughout the life of your website.
Typically, when you sign a proposal with an agency (at least with Momentum3), you’ll be given a timeline for design and development.
When a professional web designer creates your website, they don’t care that you are a small business or even a new business. They have the development skills to represent the finest parts of your company through digital design. That is not a touch that is included in stock, DIY website builders. Additionally, a good web development agency will make your website trustworthy. It is good for your customers to know that they are dealing with a company ran by a person and not just a large internet machine which will be apparent through your custom design and user-first mentality.
A Few Easy Ways to Make Your Website Trustworthy
- Our experts will help you select a domain name that warrants respect and represents your brand.
- Our design will include easy-to-use features like a search bar, easy navigation, and mobile friendliness.
- Our design will include any trust seals you have like Better Business Bureau and highly rated reviews.
Allows You to Focus on your Business
Sure, there are plenty of blogs online that talk about web development and probably just as many YouTube videos showing you how to do things, but you’re already trying to run a business so why add even more to your plate? Choosing to hire a professional website agency will save you time and money and allow you to focus on actually running the business instead of learning a new skill. We’re already experts!
When you decide on a web design and marketing agency, you are entrusting your developer to bring your vision to life. Paint them a picture of what you want and let them take it from there. They will bring their expertise to the table and build a custom site which will help you reach your business goals.
Any quality web developer is going to offer the seven things listed above; however, here are seven more reasons you should choose Momentum3 Growth for your web development and marketing needs:
So Why Choose Momentum3 Growth?
- We will never hold your domain, host or website hostage. Believe it or not, there are many agencies out there that build a client’s website, get their domain and host set up through them, but when the client is finished with their services, they refuse to release their website. Our clients own total rights to their website, domains and host, even if that means we set it all up and transfer ownership whenever they’re ready.
- Ever have to sign a 1-year contract with a marketing agency? You won’t see that happening at Momentum3 Growth. We don’t believe in term contracts. How long we help businesses with our services is up to the client. We trust that our ability to accomplish your goals and to bring your website to fruition is enough to make you trust our brand and continue to use our service.
- Our SEO professionals will focus their efforts on improving your website’s presence on the world wide web and drive customers to you in whatever fashion fits your business model. Our professionals offer experience in multiple industries.
- We have a deep understanding of technology and will be able to advise you on the solutions your business requires whether a website, app, or a fully custom solution.
- We are more than a website development company. We offer a full-range of services to help take your website, your online campaign, and your business to a new level. Whether you need someone to draft quality content blogs, run a Pay-Per-Click (PPC) campaign, help with social media, or even take business photography or video for your marketing efforts/website, we have what you’re looking for.
- Momentum3 Growth offers competitive and transparent pricing. With us, you’ll never question if you’re receiving the best deal and we’ll never try to increase your prices behind your back.
- SEO and website maintenance is somewhat flexible so we are too. If you find your marketing budget for April is smaller than in March, let us know and we’ll work with you to find a solution to fit your needs.
Schedule a free website analysis today and we can offer a quote for any or all the different services we offer. Feel free to contact us today for more information!